Ryan M. May
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma
120 David L. Boren Blvd. Suite 5900
Norman, OK 73072-7307
- Ph.D., 2010 University of Oklahoma (Hopefully!)
- M.S., 2005 University of Oklahoma
- B.S., 2003 University of Oklahoma
- Weather Radar
- Radar Signal Processing
- Radar Data Visualization
- May, R., M. Biggerstaff, and M. Xue, 2007: A Doppler Radar Emulator with an Application to the Detectability of Tornadic Signatures. J. Atmos. Ocean. Tech., 24, 1973-1996. DOI:10.1175/2007JTECHA882.1
- Biggerstaff, M. and R. May, 2005: A meteorological radar emulator for education and research. 21st Conf. Interactive Info. Proc. Sys (IIPS), San Diego, CA, Amer. Meteor. Soc., 5.6.
- May, R., M. Biggerstaff, and M. Xue, 2005: The detectability of tornadic signatures with Doppler radar: A radar emulator study. 32nd Conf. Radar Meteor., Albuquerque, NM, Amer. Meteor. Soc., CDROM P15R.1.
- Education Technology Committee, 2003-2009
- Graduate Studies Committee, 2009
- "A Dual-Polarimetric Doppler Radar Emulator for Education and Research", SoM Radar Seminar Series, February 2009.
- "A Moment Radar Data Emulator: The Current Progress and Future Direction", SoM Radar Seminar Series, October 2006.
- "A Doppler Radar Emulator and its Application to the Detection of Tornadic Signatures", SoM Departmental Seminar, December 2005.
Site Last updated:
Send comments to rmay AT rossby DOT ou DOT edu