Dr. Xuguang Wang, Assistant Professor
School of Meteorology
120 David Boren Blvd
Norman, OK, 73072
- Ph.D., Meteorology, The Pennsylvania State University, 2004.
- B.S., Atmospheric Science, Peking University, Beijing, China, 1998.
- 2010 NASA New Investigator Award
- 2012 Dean's Award for Excellence in Research and Scholarship
- Fall 2010 METR 4133: Atmospheric Dynamics III
- METR 5990: Ensemble Forecasting Seminar
Thesis and Dissertation finished
Johnson, A., 2011:Clustering analysis, verification and calibration of a convection-allowing ensemble forecast system. MS Thesis. School of Meteorology, University of Oklahoma.
Holland, B., 2011: Effects of sequential or simultaneous assimilation of observations and localization methods on the performance of the ensemble Kalman filter. MS Thesis. School of Meteorology, University of Oklahoma.
Vergara, H., 2011:Assimilating streamflow with the ensemble Kalman filter for improving flood prediction. MS Thesis. Department of Civil Engineering, University of Oklahoma.
Postdocs and students
Yujie Pan (co-advise)
Kefeng Zhu (co-advise)
Aaron Johnson (Ph.D.)
Brian Holland (M.S.)
Andrew Mackenzie (M.S.)
Jeff Duda (Ph.D.)
Yongzuo Li (Ph.D.)
Gang Zhang (Ph.D., co-advise)
Kefeng Zhu (Ph.D., co-advise)
Terra Thompson (Ph.D., co-advise)
Humberto Vergara Arrieta (M.S., co-advise)
Chris Kerr (M.S., co-advise)
Xu Lu (M.S.)
Nick Gasperoni (Ph.D.)