* MAP members Fan Han, Andy Wilkins, Nick Gasperoni, Yongming Wang, Yue Yang, Yongjie Huang, Xuguang Wang and Erin Jones attend the 100th AMS annual meeting at Boston, MA. Jan. 2020. [picture]
* Prof. Xuguang Wang from Multiscale data Assimilation and Predictability (MAP) lab gave an invited talk at AGU titled "Multi-resolution and multiscale data assimilation in EnVar for global and convective scale numerical weather prediction"
* OU MAP lab organized the inter-culture exchange food tasting outing event 2019. Oct., 2019. [picture]
* MAP members, Jie Feng, Aaron Johnson, Xu Lu, Bo Huang, and Xuguang Wang, attended the 2019 AMS meeting at Phoenix, AZ. [picture]
* Prof. Wang gave an invited seminar at University of Maryland Oct. 22, 2018. [link]
* Dr. Wang gave invited talk at NOAA ESRL and NCEP, Sep/Oct. 2018 [picture]
* Aaron Johnson, Yongming Wang and Nick Gasperoni represented MAP attended 29thconf. on Weather Analysis and Forecasting/25thconf. on Numerical Weather Prediction, June 4-8, 2018 [picture]
* MAP 2018 Spring Outing: OKC Dodgers vs Nashville Sounds. May. 20, 2018. [picture]
* Prof Wang and Bo Huang representing MAP attended the 8th EnKF workshop at Montreal, May 2018. [picture]
* Nick Gasperoni from MAP obtained his PhD degree, May 2018. [picture]
* MAP members, Xu Lu, Jie Feng, Ben Davis and Xinyan Lyu, attended the AMS tropical conference April 16-19, 2018. [picture]
* Prof. Xuguang gave an invited seminar titled "Research and development of GSI-based ensemble-variational data assimilation for convective scale severe weather and hurricane prediction" at the Texas A&M University. [picture]
* MAP student Hristo Chipilski won the travel award from the 6th International Symposium on Data Assimilation to be held 5 - 9 March 2018, Munich, Germany.
* Prof. Xuguang Wang is invited to give a keynote talk at the 6th International Symposium on Data Assimilation to be held 5 - 9 March 2018, Munich, Germany. Prof. Wang will discuss "Development and research of GSI-based EnVar for convective-scale radar data assimilation: challenges and recent progress".
* Hristo Chipilski won the Best Student Poster Presentation Award at the 98th AMS annual meeting!
* MAP lab members attend the 98th AMS annual meeting at Austin, TX. [picture]
* Xuguang Wang is one of the top 10 most impactful atmospheric scientists in the world based on the ISI Web of Science productivity and impact analysis by Chinese Academy of Science for papers published during 2011-2015.
* MAP organized their first fall hiking and BBQ event at Elk Mountain with family and friends, Oct. 22, 2017 [pictures]
* Aaron Johnson, Hristo Chipilski and Chris Kerr from MAP have won travel award and will represent MAP to attend the 5th International Symposium on Earth Science Challenges (ISEC) in Kyoto, Japan, 2017
* Bo Huang won World Meteorology Organization data assimilation symposium travel award, 2017
* Hristo Chipilski won the 2nd Prize on oral presentation in the 17th AMS Mesoscale Meteorology conference, 2017
* Hristo Chipilski received Spring 2017 SoM award for Outstanding Performance as a Graduate Student, 2017 [picture]
* Xu Lu, a graduate student, in the Multiscale data Assimilation and Predictability (MAP) lab, has been declared the Best Student Presentation of the 21st AMS IOAS-AOLS Conference in January 2017, for his presentation entitled “Impact of Issues of Vortex Initialization and HWRF Model Errors on Hurricane Inner Core Data Assimilation and Intensity Prediction”. His presentation was evaluated as one of the top two in a high-quality field of eligible presentations.
* Prof Xuguang Wang representing the data assimilation and ensemble development team of the NOAA Hurricane Forecast Improvement Program (HFIP) presented the milestones made by the team in the HFIP annual meeting. Prof Wang was named as co-lead of the HFIP data assimilation team since 2012. [picture]
* Xu Lu received AMS travel award, 2017
* Yongming Wang and Chris Kerr from MAP presented in 28th AMS Conference on Severe Local Storms in Nov. 2016
* Sam Degelia passed his MS thesis defense, 2016 [graduation ceremony]
* Dr. Wang is invited to give a keynote talk on the 7th International Conference on Atmosphere, Ocean and Climate change, Beijing, July 27-30, 2016. The title of her keynote talk is "GSI-based hybrid ensemble-variaitonal data assimilation for global, hurricane and storm scale numerical weather prediction".
* Jeff Duda successfully defended his Ph.D. dissertation, 2016
* The Multiscale data Assimilation and Predictability (MAP) group featured in multiple media posts on their PECAN modeling and data assimilation project. Here are the links. http://nsf.gov/discoveries/disc_summ.jsp?cntn_id=138006&org=NSF https://www.tacc.utexas.edu/-/fine-tuning-forecasts-of-nighttime-storms-on-the-plains http://phys.org/news/2016-04-fine-tuning-nighttime-storms-plains.html
* Hristo Chipilski is awarded the MMet Undergraduate Prize, 2016
* MAP (Prof. Wang, Aaron Johnson, Nick Gasperoni, Bo Huang, Xu Lu and Chris Kerr) presented research at the 7th EnKF workshop May 23-27, 2016 [PIC]
* Chris Kerr won travel award for 2016 AMS IOAS-AOLS Conference, 2016
* Prof. Wang was selected as Co-lead of the Data Assimilation Team of the NOAA Hurricane Forecast Improvement Program, 2015
* Aaron Johnson won the 2014 Provost's Ph.D. Dissertation Award [award ceremony]
* Nick Gasperoni won Best Student Presentation Award from American Meteorology Society Annual Meeting, 2015
* Jeff Duda won Third place Student Presentation Award from American Meteorology Society 27th Conference on Severe Local Storms, 2014
* Prof. Wang won OU Presidential Research Professorship, 2014
* Chris Kerr won Best Student Presentation Award from American Meteorology Society Annual Meeting, 2014
* Past Awards from MAP can be found from http://weather.ou.edu/~xwang/
* New Video on data assimilation and NWP targeted from elementary to high school students developed by MAP is implemented at NWC in Fall 2014